Quick update and work session tonight. The last long control tube has cured from its priming, and Its ready for the rod end to be riveted. So, I grabbed the primer, and swirled some on the inside of the VA-111 rod end, and also on the mating surface.
Then I clecoed the rod end into the tube, lining up all the holes, ready for the MSP-42 blind rivets. I set these rivets one at a time, dipping the ends into the primer so they get a nice covering, and wet set them.
Eventually they were all set, and these tubs are assembled! I still need to prime the longer push / pull tubes, but I’ll wait until I get some more AKZO to prime them. I want a hard wearing surface for these, the oil based primer I’m only comfortable with being inside the tube, where it wont get scratched or exposed. I set the tubes and push rods on the shelf for now, as I’ll need to get the wings on my benches to install them and the ailerons.
Google Photos Link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/g32nX89FH53jr1Ni6
Hours worked: .25