After taking a quick break from unloading the wings, I went back down stairs and started cracking open the crates and unpacking everything to check for any damages. I am not going to take inventory tonight, as I just want to make sure nothing is damaged right now. My plan is to get everything out of the crates and laid out in the garage, so that I can easily inventory a part and then place it on its appropriate shelf.
I had to use my aviation snips to cut the metal banding off the crates, and then used a small claw hammer to pry open the tops, which were attached with 2″ staples. I didn’t want to destroy the wood, as I can use this wood on other projects later on. Here’s how they looked just after cracking them open:
Now, it was time to unpack everything and start checking for damage. I captured a few videos that I’ll merge together and link below, which does a much better job of logging what I did during the unpacking.
There is SO MUCH PACKING PAPER!!!!
Heres all the parts, all laid out after they are unpacked:
This album contains all the photos I took from todays work:
Here’s a link to the Google Photos Album: https://goo.gl/photos/B2W8wT53pqvgxnQ26Hours Worked: 3.25